1338 facts for kids
|Centuries:||13th century – 14th century – 15th century|
|Decades:||1300s 1310s 1320s – 1330s – 1340s 1350s 1360s|
|Years:||1335 1336 1337 – 1338 – 1339 1340 1341|
- Hundred Years' War: Louis IV, Holy Roman Emperor appoints Edward III of England as a vicar-general of the Holy Roman Empire. Louis supports Edward's claim to the French throne under the terms of the Treaty of Koblenz.
- Philip VI of France besieges Guienne in Southwest France and his navy attacks Portsmouth in England.
- Ashikaga Takauji granted title of Shogun by the emperor of Japan.
- Nicomedia is captured by the Ottoman Empire.
- 21 January – Charles V of France (died 1380)
- 3 February – Joanna of Bourbon (died 1378)
- 5 October – Alexios III of Trebizond (died 1390)
- 29 November – Lionel of Antwerp, 1st Duke of Clarence (died 1368)
- George de Dunbar, 10th Earl of March (died 1420)
- Niccolò II d'Este (died 1388)
- Thomas de Ros, 5th Baron de Ros (died 1383)
- Margaret de Stafford (died 1396)
- Tvrtko I of Bosnia (died 1391)
- 24 April – Theodore I of Montferrat (born c. 1270)
- 5 May – Prince Tsunenaga, son of Japanese Emperor (born 1324)
- July – Muhammad Khan, Persian monarch
- 4 August – Thomas of Brotherton, 1st Earl of Norfolk (born 1300)
- 22 August – William II of Athens (born 1312)
- Kitabatake Akiie, Japanese governor (born 1318)
- Alfonso Fadrique, Sicilian noble
- Awhadi of Maragheh, Persian poet
- Prince Narinaga, Japanese Shogun (born 1325)
- Marino Sanuto the Elder, Venetian statesman and geographer (born c. 1260)
- John Wishart, Scottish bishop
- Nitta Yoshiaki, Japanese Samurai
- Nitta Yoshisada, Japanese Samurai
1338 Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.