Cargo aircraft facts for kids
Civilian cargo aircraft carry cargo or mail. This is generally a kind of airliner, designed for passengers but modified for cargo. Some civilians cargo aircraft are specially equipped for carrying oversized cargo such as aircraft wings, tank-trucks, rocket pieces, or sometimes military heavy trucks and tanks.
Military transport aircraft can carry cargo and passengers. Passengers are usually troops, including paratroopers. The seats are usually simple. These aircraft typically have a sloping loading door at the rear of the fuselage for quick loading and unloading. Some use turbojets, others use turboprop engines.
- Airbus A400M,
- Antonov An-26,
- Boeing C-17 Globemaster III,
- Casa C-295,
- Douglas C-47 Skytrain,
- Lockheed C-5 Galaxy,
- Short 330UTT,
- Transall C.160.
- Frawley, Gerard, The international directory of military aircraft 2002/2003 . London : Aerospace Publication, 2002. .
- Gaillard, Pierre, Avions et hélicoptères militaires d'aujourd'hui Paris, France : Larivière éditions, 1999. .
- Kaminsky, Tom, The United States Military Aviation Directory, London : Airtime Publishing, 2000. .
- Wilson, Stuart, Airliners of the world, London: Aerospace Publication, 1999. .
Images for kids
Cargo aircraft Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.