E. Lockhart facts for kids
Emily Jenkins, also known as E. Lockhart is an American author. Jenkins was born in New York, New York on September 13, 1967. She writes in many genres such as children’s fiction and adult romance novels. She has even won the Boston Globe/Horn Book Honor Award twice. She has also written many respected young adult novels.
Jenkins has always dreamed of being an author. She once said, "Growing up, I spent large parts of my life in imaginary worlds: Neverland, Oz, and Narnia, in particular.” She loved reading and when she was eight, she began to develop her own work. After she wrote her own books, Jenkins became interested in writing full-length novel imitations of Pippi Long Stocking and The Wolves of Willoughby Chase. She got inspiration for her later books like Five Creatures from her own life. She said, "I wanted to convey the sense of family I had with my pets." Jenkins has a husband, a daughter, and two cats. They all have different skills and preferences, but she used a Venn diagram to overlap their interests.
Jenkins continues to love spending her time living in her imaginary worlds, which she created within her books. She is an admired figure for many young writers and encourages them to pursue their dreams just as she did.
- The Secret Life of Billie’s Uncle Myron
- Five Creatures
- My Favorite Thing
- That New Animal
- Love You When You Whine
- What Happens on Wednesdays
- The Little BIt Scary People
- Sugar Would Not Eat It
- Hug, Hug, Hug!
- Num, Num, Num!
- Plonk, Plonk, Plonk!
- The Boyfriend List
- The Boy Book
- The Treasure Map of Boys
- Real Life Boyfriends
- Fly on the Wall: How One Girl Saw Everything
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks
- How To be Bad
- We Were Liars
- Tongue First: Adventures in Physical Culture
- Mister Posterior and the Genius Child
- Toy Dance Party: Being the Further Adventures of a Bossyboots Stingray, a Courageous Buffalo, and a Hopeful Round Someone Called Plastic
E. Lockhart Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.