Pop (television channel) facts for kids
Pop is a UK children's channel that airs many children’s cartoons. It has won a lot of awards and prizes.
Pop was called Toons & Tunes sometime before 2003, but in June 2003, it changed its name to Pop. At first it was just music videos but in early 2004 it started to show cartoons. These include things like Archie's Weird Mysteries, The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3 etc.; The music videos were kept but all disappeared in mid 2006. They were brought back in 2007 but only during a slot called Pop Party. Also changes have been made to the logo throughout the years. To start with, it showed letters being replaced by balloons, it was all in lower case, and it had no exclamation mark but in October 2006, a change was made. It was now white letters on an orange background. They were in 3D now. The exclamation mark was added and the letters were now all done in upper case. Due to copyright reasons on the music that got changed in 2007. In 2008 Pop's logo yet again changed. It used to be coloured letters on a blue background but the background disappeared and the letters were now all red. This is its current logo but the old one is still on the pop website.
Pop Aires many cartoons, so here they are:
- Backyard Science (March 2009-Present)
- Clang Invasion (February 2010-February 2011)
- Cosmic Quantum Ray (August 2009-December 2010)
- Erky Perky (February 2010-January 2012)
- Fairly Tale Police Department (September 2009-May 2011)
- Kong:The Animated Series (July 2008-November 2010)
- NanoBoy (October 2009-September 2011)
- Oggy And The Cockroaches(January 2008-December 2014)
- Pet Alien (September 2010-September 2011)
- Pop Party (January 2008-January 2009)
- Captain Biceps (October 2010-January 2012)
- Tootuff (Season 1+2 October 2006- November 2010,Season 3 October 2008-January 2012)
- SamSam (October 2010)
- Sonic The Hedgehog(February 2004)
- Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog (September 2003-May 2005)
- Sonic Underground (January 2004-September 2008)
- Super Mario Brothers(September 2003-February 2005)
- The Adventures Of Super Mario Bros 3(November 2006)
- Captain N And The New Super Mario World(November 2010)
- Tracey McBean (August 2010-January 2012)
- Trap Door (August 2010-February 2011)
- Winx Club (April 2009-January 2012)
- Ruby Gloom (September 2008-November 2010)
- The Shawn Mendes Show (October 2009-July 2011)
Not long after the launch of Tiny pop's website, Pop had its own channel launched too. It features a fun and games bit, a what's on bit, a competitions page, and the logo. The games are things like Oggy Moshi, and things like that.
Pop (television channel) Facts for Kids. Kiddle Encyclopedia.